COMO HOUSE, 1847
Built in 1847, Como House is an intriguing mix of Australian Regency and classic Italianate architecture.
Como offers a glimpse into the lifestyle of former owners, the Armytage family, who lived there for nearly a century. The Armytages became famous amongst Melbourne society and equally famous for their many elegant dances, dinners and receptions. Those elegant dining and reception rooms are still furnished with Armytage family heirlooms and even the servant’s areas, kitchen and laundry have been preserved.